Welcome to my personal blog!

This is my personal blog for reviewing technology, movies, games, and whatever else. I will also be writing about other topics of interest.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Super 8 Review


Let me just say that films like Super 8 are the reason I love movies so much. This movie was absolutely great. The film takes places in the late 1970’s and focuses on a group of kids trying to make a horror movie, however little do they know a real life horror movie is unfolding around them. They witness a train crash while shooting a scene and things go straight to hell from there.

The movie does a good job of keeping you in suspense, wondering what’s coming next, what’s really going on in this small Ohio town. It keeps you waiting in anticipation until the end. I really loved how the camera work was done; giving you small glimpses of the creature but it’s never truly revealed until the end. You may say, well that’s been done before. Yes it has, but this movie did it right in my opinion.

Another aspect of this film that I enjoyed was that the main starring roles were given to kids. You really don’t see that very often. I think the kids in this movie all gave terrific acting performances, some of the best I’ve seen. All of them were well casted for their roles. Watching them trying to make their movie as the action unfolds around them was quite entertaining.

Super 8 really draws you into the story of these kids and their film. A lot of movies made today have a lot of action but lack in their story. This movie limits the action only to when it’s appropriate. Overall it’s just really well done and I hope to see more movies like this in the near future. I highly recommend this movie to everyone.

My score for Super 8 is 5 out of 5.

- Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment