Welcome to my personal blog!

This is my personal blog for reviewing technology, movies, games, and whatever else. I will also be writing about other topics of interest.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Star Trek Review


I went into this movie completely as a Star Trek noob. I had never seen anything related to Star Trek before in my life. Going in with high expectations I found the movie to be pretty good in its entirety, the only problem I had with it was that the information was being thrown at me so fast there wasn't much time to absorb everything. Since I was completely new to Star Trek I had no idea who anyone was or how they related to the rest of the series.

As far as story goes I thought they did a good job providing a compelling plot with a couple twists along the way. To put it simply there is an evil bad guy wanting to destroy planets and the good guys have to stop him. But then that's a pretty common plot for all movies of this type. Take Star Wars, same thing except with a Death Star and different reasons for planetary destruction, but you get the idea.

The movie contains plenty of action scenes and space battles so if that's the kind of thing you're into then you'll probably really like this movie. I felt that it focused more on action than anything else, while there were some dramatic scenes in the movie, none of them were overly lengthy. The action shots were also very fast paced and close up, which to me made it difficult to know what was always going on in a fight. There was occasional comedic relief however especially with the character Scotty played by Simon Pegg, I found him to be quite amusing.

Overall I'm just going to say if you're a Star Trek fan I'm sure you've already seen this movie, but if you're like me and going in with no experience I would say it's still worth seeing but it doesn't contain the same kind of thrill it would to a fan of the series. The movie seems devoted to the trekkies out there. So, to the trekkies I say live long and prosper...and may the force be with you!

I couldn't resist throwing that last part in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment